Here’s how and why my copywriting can make you more money CLICK HERE
See my copywriting website by CLICKING HERE
This is an article about PC speech, political brainwashing, corporate stalking and intolerance, economic threats, greed, and money, lots and lots of money. But I am going to open this article with an innocent question. Does anyone out there have a rational explanation for the flap over Phil Robertson? Well I’ll give you the answer before I give you the explanation. All Phil said was that Homosexuality is a sin. That’s it. That’s all. And lots of Christians and others who religiously watch the Duck show believe the same way that Phil does.
If you’re not familiar with the name or the issue, Phil Robertson is the pater familias of the Robertson family of A&E Duck Dynasty Fame. The flap is, or was, over what Phil said to Drew Magary in a piece she wrote for Gentleman’s Quarterly. The piece was about the show and the Robertson clan. (see hyperlink below to read the article in its entirety) If you haven’t read it the GQ piece is rooted in not only the wildly popular cable series Duck Dynasty but also the outside the box, God centered, rural values, and lifestyle of the Robertson family and their outspoken patriarch Phil.
It is obvious from the piece that Phil is a committed born again Christian and not at all shy about talking about his life or about what he believes. By his own admission he is a tolerant man that holds no grudge against people with different views on life than his. He is also passionate about spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ to non believers. But what did he say in the article that got the homosexuals and the progressive PC crowd so cranked up. Well he said this:
“It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”
Yeah, I hear what you’re saying Phil and it’s certainly nothing for folks to get worked up about in my books. In fact this sort of direct, straight talk, here’s exactly what I think kind of response is what has made this family and Duck Dynasty so endearing to its millions of avid followers. Although the backlash from Phil’s comments in the GQ article have been hateful and bitter, the comments have only been coming from a concentrated minority of Americans, which from all appearances seem to be only gay activists, gay organizations and liberal media outlets that support gay agendas and the homosexual lifestyle.
What Phil’s comments really did was shine a light on the true colors of the self-styled tolerant and enlightened PC segment of our society and show them for what they really are, prejudiced, bigoted fanatics. Their actions against the show started with boycott threats against A&E and the advertisers of Duck Dynasty. They then demanded that A&E remove Phil Robertson from the show for his insensitive comments against homosexuals. To their utter amazement the spineless executives at A&E did exactly what they demanded. What this flap has really done is highlight that these critics are anything but tolerant they are instead jack booted thugs ready and willing to trample and destroy anybody and everybody that disagrees with them.
But what did Phil really say that was so offensive? All he said was that to a normal man a woman’s vagina is more sexually desirable than a man’s anus. Now, I don’t know about you but I couldn’t agree more with that statement. Normal men are sexually attracted to women not to men. It’s natural law and it’s also God’s law. To a healthy heterosexual male the thought of having sexual intercourse with another man is pretty disgusting and more than a little creepy. That’s just the way it is. But when Phil dropped the S bomb and said that homosexuality is a sin that’s what really stirred this hornet nest.
What I’m saying is that this controversy is really more about the belief or non-belief in the God of the Bible than about anything Phil said. I would assume, especially from the comments I have read on the Internet from gay activists and their supporters, that most homosexuals and their advocates are not believers in the God of the Bible. I would also assume that none of these parties believe in the concept of sin either. And that’s alright. God gave you free will so you could believe anything you want even if what you believe is wrong. But the real issue here is that homosexuals don’t want anybody, and I mean anybody, to characterize or proclaim that their sexual behavior or life style as abnormal or sinful. What they and their advocates, like the Huffington Post, (see hyperlink below to read the Huffington Post response in its entirety) really want is everybody in America to view gay sexual practices and lifestyles as completely normal even conventional. That’s what’s really going on here folks the attempted PC brainwashing of America by a committed fringe minority and their backers. My comment about what they want middle America to embrace is good freaking luck guys it’s not going to happen.
Now this is probably where some of you will maybe start to think that I’m some kind of homophobic weirdo and I hate gay people. Nope you couldn’t be any further from the truth. I don’t hate homosexuals. I hate sin. Sin is death and my attitude as a Christian is hate the sin not the sinner. I think that’s exactly what Phil was trying to get to in his GQ interview. I think he actually said that but just in a different tone.
So this controversy over the Duck family is particularly funny to me because the critics of Phil’s comments haven’t hurt the show or the Robertson family at all. What they have actually done is the exact opposite. They have enlarged the viewer and supporter base of Duck Dynasty and strengthened the Robertson’s cause. In fact, more and more people are coming out of the woodwork daily expressing their support for the show and its values. This controversy has also had an unintended consequence the critics of the GQ article never intended. It has highlighted the critics of Phil Robertson for what they really are, people that don’t care about Christian beliefs, your rights, free speech, the Constitution or any of the values that made this country the greatest the world has ever seen or ever will see.
Drew Magary the writer of the GQ article summed up Phil best when she wrote:
“Whatever you think of Phil’s beliefs, it’s hard not to gaze upon his cultivations and wonder if you’ve gotten life all wrong. This is life as summer camp. It’s gorgeous, in a way that alters you on an elemental level. I feel it when I breathe the air. I feel it when I survey the enormity of the space around me. I shouldn’t be sitting around the house and bitching because the new iOS 7 touchscreen icons don’t have any fucking drop shadow. I should be out here, dammit! Killing things and growing things and bringing dead things home to cook! There is a life out in this wilderness that I am too chickenshit to lead.”
I wholeheartedly agree with you Drew, Phil actually has the courage to live his convictions.
Today is December 28th 2013 and I forgot one little thing. I never talked about the greed and the money and how that has played a part in this apparent tale of woe. Well it appears that greed has played a huge part in this tale because the looming loss of millions of dollars of revenue has apparently gotten the better of the spineless executives at A&E. They have just announced that A&E is lifting the ban against Phil and will begin filming the new season with him in the spring of 2014. (see hyperlink below to read the article in its entirety) Isn’t that interesting? Was it that simple? Did they just come to their collective senses because they realized they had wrongly slandered a good man and a decent family? Or was it because of the money? Do you think it could be because literally hundreds of thousands of people signed petitions demanding that A&E reinstate Phil to the show or face the financial consequences from the shows fans? Do you think it might have been that other cable networks like The Blaze told the Robertsons that Duck Dynasty could move on over to their network? Could it be that the Robertson family might have told A&E that if dad wasn’t on the show then it was AdiÓs Muchachos?
All this reversal has shown is that A&E is just like most every other corporation, greedy, soulless and concerned about only one thing, the money. The other interesting development about Phil’s reinstatement, which was broadcast on Fox News, is that the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Discrimination used it as a parting shot at the Robertson Family. They said that a “dialog” between Phil Robertson and the gay community was a critical next step. Now I don’t know about you but I want to be a fly on the wall if that happens. Can you imagine a group of lesbians giving Phil Robertson gay sensitivity training while Phil preaches the gospel to them? Get out your cameras I see another hit series here.
© Richard Woodling 2013
Who Am I?
HI, I'm Richard Woodling. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am above all things a Christian. I am also an author, speaker and a Dan Kennedy certified info-copywriter. You will find information about my book on these pages along with a link to my copywriting webpage. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Subscribe To Blog Via Email
- 2015 Will Go Down As the Year of the Citizen Soldier
- Illness And Alternative Health Solutions
- Why You Should Almost Never Talk About Religion Or Politics
- How To Spot A Ponzi Scheme or Don’t Be Duped Into Allowing Strangers To Steal All Of Your Money
- Why Political Analyst Earl Hutchinson Is Wrong About Dr. Ben Carson
- Potential Presidential Candidate Dr. Ben Carson Attacked By Actor Russell Brand, But Why?
- The Quickening
- Why Human Beings Are Not The Product Of Darwinian Evolution
- Extrasolar Planet Discoveries Produce Speculative Feeding Frenzy
- SEO Articles For Various Clients
- Marriage Licences The Real Truth
- What Is Reality – Prepare To Be Surprised
- Update: Phil Robertson and Duck Dynasty Under Attack
- An Answer for Biblical Critics
- So, You Think You’ll Never Be Sued
- North Korea official: Trump is on a suicide missionThe ongoing war of words between the United States and North Korea saw several new fiery salvos Saturday, a day on which the US military, in a show of force, flew bombers in international airspace over waters east of North Korea.
- Presidential name-calling: What 'Little Marco' has to do with 'Rocket Man'"Little Marco" wasn't a despot. "Lyin' Ted" didn't have a missile program. "Crooked Hillary" wasn't trying to develop a hydrogen bomb.
- Opinion: Nuclear war isn't North Korea's only threatNorth Korea has launched 15 missiles in 22 tests in 2017.
- Where are the world's nuclear weapons?Nine nuclear-capable states exist in the world, but only eight of them -- all but North Korea -- are believed by experts to have weapons mature and developed enough to be readily incorporated into the arsenals of their armed forces.
- Puerto Rico officials describe 'apocalyptic' conditions after MariaDays after Hurricane Maria pounded the island of Puerto Rico, killing at least 10 people, authorities are starting to see firsthand the scope of devastation that left the US territory off the grid.
- 2 new quakes shake southern MexicoTwo more earthquakes shook southern Mexico on Saturday, further rattling a country still coming to grips with the devastation from stronger temblors earlier this month.
- Angela Merkel up for 4th termGerman voters are going to the polls to choose a government -- and a Chancellor -- for the next four years.
- People sprayed with 'noxious substance' near London shopping centerA number of people were injured after a group of males sprayed them with what appears to be "a noxious substance" near Stratford Shopping Centre in East London, London Metropolitan Police said Saturday night.
- Miss Turkey loses her crown over controversial tweetThe winner of Miss Turkey 2017 has denied making political comments after being stripped of her crown because of a tweet she sent in July.
- Theresa May is dragging Britain off a Brexit cliff edgeAgainst a plain background in a former school for paramilitary police, next to a church famous for denouncing Galileo's refutation of the idea that the sun moved around the Earth, British Prime Minister Theresa May gave a foreign policy speech Friday that revolved around divisions within her own Cabinet.
- Trump's rich Cabinet needs private jets. Don't we all?So the Trump administration says that Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price needs a private jet, as he is very busy.
- Why Facebook's about-face on Russia ads?On Thursday, Mark Zuckerberg popped up on Facebook Live. Just back from parental leave, he had lines under his eyes. He may not have been getting any sleep, but there were no signs of baby spit-up on his T-shirt, which perfectly matched the large couch in the background.
- With 'son of a b****' comments, Trump tried to divide NFL and its players
- What happens if Uber loses London for good?As if Uber's new CEO didn't already have his work cut out for him, now he has to deal with losing one of the company's biggest markets.
- 5 photos shot on the iPhone 8 Plus
- A car shop where kids learn to build a futureAaron Valencia was a teenager when his life hit rock bottom.
- These classic cars are a vehicle for self-expressionAaron Valencia's nonprofit, Lost Angels Children's Project, teaches low-income, foster and at-risk youth in California how to restore classic cars.
- A former addict is now inspired to share his passionOne family shares how they found a positive outlet and new look on life at CNN Hero Aaron Valencia's custom car garage in Lancaster, CA.
- Ready to trade up? Find out how much your home is worth
- San Diego homes for sale
- North Korea official: Trump is on a suicide mission